Saturday 3 September 2016

Tan-y-bwlch - sheet and light

Thanks to Chloe for organising the event last night with Penparcau Community Wildlife Group.

There were around a dozen people came to see the moths, but not many moths wanted to see us last night unfortunately.
Fifteen species as I remember but Chloe was keeping count so will put me right if I missed one  or two I'm sure.

Flounced Rustic, Small Square-spot, Square-spot Rustic, Common Carpet. Feathered Gothic, Orange Swift, Lesser Yellow Underwing, Flame Shoulder.
Captotriche marginae, Common Plume (Emmelina monodactyla), White-shouldered House Moth (Endrosis sarcitrella), LBAM (Epiphyas postvittana), Celypha lacunana, Celypha striana, Bactra lancealana.

Coptotriche marginea
Coptotriche marginea (Tony liked this pic)

Orange Swift - Library picture

Feathered Gothic - Library picture

2 comments:

  1. Also flame shoulder. My garden trap was similarly sparse last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, how could I forget that one! I have it written in the book.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.