Thursday 24 November 2016

New book!

February 2017
Field Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland
Third edition
Field Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland

Field Guide to the Moths of Great Britain and Ireland has been fully revised and restructured, to reflect the latest thinking in taxonomy. There are new descriptions and illustrations for newly discovered species, and existing entries have been updated, with distribution information revised and maps included for the first time.

 
Pbk £29.99  
Hbk £49.99
Find out more

Xmas is a-coming!  Wonder if it is different enough?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liz, I asked Martin Townsend that exact question as I have the very first edition. He said absolutely I need to get the revised edition coming out. It's all updated to the end of 2015 and now with distribution maps. Helpful as the NBN Gateway is not always up and running. I shall try and get a freebie out of him as I'm about to id some of his micromoths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but he would say that wouldn't he?! I know I won't be able to resist buying it as I also bought version 2 and that is now full of my annotations; good revision for me transcribing them all. Maps if accurate and large enough much better than written description of distribution.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.