Tuesday 3 December 2013

Chestnuts plus

I've just picked up on Sarah's Dark Chestnut.
 I had these 2 very contrasting Chestnuts in my box in late November which made me consult the books.  I'm sure they are Chestnuts but it would be instructive for some of our less experienced trappers  (inc me!) to see your Dark Chestnut Sarah, can you post it on the blog?

Bats are still flying as are lots of moths in my headlights.
Butterfly Conservation Newsletter with interesting stuff on our moths in Wales has just been published on-line.  Go to the website and click on newsletter.

Sorry second pic not cropped enough.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    Top pic looks quite square at apex which may indicate Dark, but you saw the moth which is always better I think.
    I would like to see Sarah's photo too, as you say it will make a good comparison pic.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.