Monday 11 September 2023

Clifden Nonpareil in Llangeitho

 Recent trappings here have produced very modest yields, in the 20s and 30s and last night was no exception with just 31 moths, 18 species.

But...

Clifden Nonpareil

...near the bottom of the trap was my first Clifden Nonpareil. I had changed the trap light to one with eight, rather than four LEDs, along the lines of that developed by Gunnar Brehm, but I think the CN was luck rather than three extra UV LEDs.

Clifden Nonpareil and Feathered Gothic

Others included Brindled Green (also new to me), Rosy Rustic, Light Emerald and a Rusty-dot Pearl. Sometimes, quality is preferable to quantity!

1 comment:

  1. Well done Peter, Sue and Terry also had one in the trap last weekend, special one for my farewell moth trap they said. Also many thanks for your kind regards, I shall continue mothing 'up north'.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.