Wednesday 18 August 2021

Penglais moths

 A selection of moths from the last few days, found in the area between the Llanbadarn road and Aber uni:

Yellow-barred Brindle - from a second generation

Treble Bar - only the second time I've seen one in this area



Bucculatrix nigricomella- the first time I've seen a second generation moth. Usually I see them on Oxeye daisies in May/June. This was one of two that came to light.
Ypsolopha horridella - on the same wall every year since 2018, within the same two weeks. This one flew over to sit on my arm.

Clavigesta purdeyi, or Pine Leaf-mining Moth. One of two that came to light.

At home, an Old Lady came to visit us in the garden last week. I popped her in the fridge until she calmed down:



1 comment:

  1. Nice collection there. Horridella obviously thought he may have been ignored this time so gave you a nudge!
    Was just wondering if I came to visit I would get the same treatment as maura? Only joking, 😄.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.