Thursday 13 May 2021

Great Prom

 

My 18w actinic is bringing in few moths but I was pleased to see this one amongst last night's catch.

Apologies for blurry pic, not only is my Lumix LF1 on the blink but I am bound to take them in situ, not wanting to remove any from the site nor wanting to hang around for better light!  Hopefully I will get another in better condition; many of the moths are showing signs of wear now rain has arrived.

Also in the box: White-pinion Spotted, Scalloped hazel and some fresh Green carpets.  Brindled beauties are still coming in and there are the ever reliable and smart Brimstones.

Wildlife Trust woodland near Cardigan 

1 comment:

  1. Great Prominent and Brindled Beauty are both reported to have declined nationally in the last 50 years but both have increased considerably in Ceredigion in the past 1o years.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.