Monday, 24 November 2014

Garden moth trap 22nd Nov

Rusty-dot Pearl x 1; Light Brown Apple Moth x 1; Acleris sparsana x 1; Red-green Carpet x 2; Feathered Thorn x 2; Merveille du Jour x 1; Nov Moth Agg.; and a Common Marbled Carpet (no photo unfortunately as I spooked it when I went to pot it).  Is my A. sparsana too tatty to positively ID - it did look very similar to the one I had at this time last year (see blog posting).
Also, to show how mild it has been, a male Speckled Bush Cricket on my shed this morning.
Acleris sparsana?
Speckled Bush Cricket (male)

4 comments:

  1. To me it's a probably not a definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You beat me to it Peter.
    I was going to say Sarah - I'd call that Acleris sp.
    Did you have any frost last night? There was a little on the cars this morning up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peter and Ina. I'll record it as Acleris sp.
    Ina, we didn't have any frost here this morning but I think we might get some tomorrow. There were even 2 red admirals flying in the sunshine today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavy frost here last night and minus one at the moment tonight, but there was also a Red Admiral fluttering about during the brief sunny interlude

    ReplyDelete